Swiss Learning Exchange is looking to hire a Community Specialist to build and drive community engagement. The successful candidate would possess excellent communication skills with a passion for designing, planning and executing community engagement activities such as workshops, events and study trips.
Category: Full Time
Our goal at Swiss Learning Exchange (SLX) is to help society adapt to the rapid and complex changes driven by technology and markets, creating a sustainable future for all. We are an organisation based in Switzerland with a focus on building and supporting communities that drive sustainability, skills development and access to economic opportunities.
Ideal candidates will also have:
- Comfort in national or international English-language environments
- Creativity, curiosity and agility, you can work in a multichannel team.
- Experience working on one or more of our focus areas
- Previous interactions with government officials or C-suite executives
- Experience building community networks and partnerships
- Passionate interest in global affairs, technology, teaching and sustainable development
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Coordinate and advise community initiatives and projects
- Manage digital platforms by curating content and engaging with the community
- Manage event invitations and logistics for meetings and workshops
- Provide administrative support, such as arranging conference calls and meetings, taking minutes and preparing PowerPoint presentations
- Maintaining important documents such as project dashboards and marketing materials
- Work to develop team-related processes as required and act as a point-person to share knowledge across the team
- Use of digital and traditional media to disseminate content and generate interest in team activities
Qualifications and Skills:
- Bachelor’s degree ideally in liberal arts with a specialization in Economics, Sociology, Public Policy, International Relations or related fields.
- 1-2 years Professional or volunteering experience, including some experience working in or with a specific region or global issue, and involving administrative and coordination support.
- Creative skills in project management, research, writing and presentation.
- Outstanding command of written and spoken French and German; knowledge of other languages would be an asset.
- Flexibility, self-starting attitude
- Interpersonal, organizational and cross-cultural collaboration skills needed to work in a fast-paced, demanding, international environment
- Excellent command of Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint); knowledge of recent digital platforms to drive web/social media engagement, is an advantage.
Reporting lines and interactions
At Swiss Learning Exchange, we believe in empowering our team members to take meaningful decisions.
Community Specialists will each support 1-2 project teams in community building and engaging schools, universities and corporations in the development of innovative solutions to address global challenges in sustainability. These are front line roles, which will have you engaging directly with stakeholders.
The Community Specialist will report to the Head of Community Management. The role calls for close collaboration with colleagues responsible for the organization’s learning programs.
(Please note: This role is based in Fribourg, Switzerland and is not eligible for relocation assistance or visa sponsorship.)