Category: Full Time
Our goal at SLX Swiss Learning Exchange is to help society adapt to the rapid and complex changes driven by technology and markets, creating a sustainable future.
We are looking to hire a media professional to develop, craft and pitch stories and editorial campaigns using digital media.
The successful candidate will be an excellent writer and storyteller. This individual must also be a self-starter, adaptable, deadline-driven and capable of working across a number of different tasks and content areas at any given time. Candidates must possess good communication skills and be passionately interested in helping Swiss Learning Exchange engage the global public in the issues and challenges that are shaping our world today.
Preferred requirements and experience
- Bachelor’s degree in business or relevant field
- A minimum of 2-3 years’ experience in corporate communications or media
- Comfort in national or international English-language media environment
- Native language proficiency in French and German
- Knowledge of Italian & Spanish would be an added plus
- Social media strategy with content marketing and editing skills.
- Familiarity with the use of Content Management tools such as WordPress
- Use of Adobe Creative Cloud tools would be an added plus
- Knowledge of analytical and media measurement tools.
- Creative, curious and agile, you can work in a multichannel team.
- Interest in global affairs, technology, teaching and sustainable development
Breakdown of main responsibilities
- Writing engaging blogs and social media material in English/German/French
- Supporting the development of promotional as well as instructional content
- Developing creative digital media campaigns and driving engagement
- Developing relationships with media influencers including bloggers, senior editors and journalists
Reporting lines and interactions
At Swiss Learning Exchange, we believe in empowering our team members to take meaningful decisions. The structure is relatively agile, and the Editorial Content Lead will report to the Head of Media. The role also calls for close collaboration with colleagues responsible for Video Production & Instructional Design.
The successful candidate will be assessed on
- Crafting and placing authoritative and engaging editorial content
- Implementing complex and creative communications campaigns
Please provide us with examples of your work. Applications which do not include a portfolio will not be considered.
(Please note: This role is based in Fribourg, Switzerland and is not eligible for relocation assistance or visa sponsorship.)